Sponsored by BAHAMA BUCKS in Midland and Odessa.
Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifier (PPTQ) for Pro Tour Dominaria – Richmond will take place November 11, 2017 at Patriot Games. The format for this PPTQ will be Standard.
Start Time: 12pm
Entry: Pre Registration $25 – Day of $30
Format: Standard Constructed
* $1,000.00 Prize pool based on minimum 32 player entry or more, less than 32 players will be a $ 500.00 Prize Pool
Top 8 Players will receive a free limited edition playmat.
All players are eligible to play in a Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifier for Pro Tour Dominaria except the following (these players are already qualified for or are ineligible to play in Regional Pro Tour Qualifiers for Pro Tour Dominaria):
– Players that have already won a Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifier for Pro Tour Dominaria.
– Players that received an invitation to compete in the Regional Pro Tour Qualifiers for Dominaria due to their performance in a Regional Pro Tour Qualifier for Rivals of Ixalan.
– Players that have a Pro Tour Players Club Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum Level as of the date of the Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifier.
– Players that are members of the Pro Tour Hall of Fame.
– Players that are otherwise already qualified for the Regional Pro Tour Qualifiers for Pro Tour Dominaria.
– Players that are otherwise already qualified for Pro Tour Dominaria.
– If you have any questions as to your eligibility to play in a particular Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifier, please email your inquiry to PremierPlay@wizards.com. http://wpn.wizards.com/en/
Complete information on invitations to Pro Tours can be found in the Magic: The Gathering Invitation Policy.
The structure for Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifiers is modified Swiss-style, with top players after the Swiss rounds playing in a single-elimination playoff.
Tournament Length and Advancement
– Swiss rounds will be each of 50 minutes in length.
– Single-elimination playoff matches will have no time limit.
– All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
– The top players after the final Swiss round will advance to the single-elimination playoff. The number of players that advanced to the playoff is based on the number of players in the event.
Number of Swiss rounds and number of players that advance to the playoffs is based on attendance according to the chart found on Appendix E of the Magic Tournament Rules. http://wpn.wizards.com/en/
– Playoff matches will be best 2 of 3.
– Playoff matches will be single-elimination.
– While there are no time limits in the playoff rounds, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 60 minutes.
– Standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings for losing players in the quarterfinal and semifinal playoff rounds.
– For the first game of each match in the playoff, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each playoff match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game).
– If the playoff is Booster Draft, the players in the playoff will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting. The playoff bracket will be determined using this random seating.
– A playoff may be conducted using Sealed Decks from the Swiss rounds of the tournament as long as the tournament organizer announces this at the start of the tournament.
Planeswalker Points http://www.wizards.com/
The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules http://wpn.wizards.com/en/
Players are responsible for bringing their own method of tracking life totals and appropriate counters or tokens.
The winner of the event will receive an invitation to compete in one of the Regional Pro Tour Qualifiers tied to Pro Tour Dominaria.